Sunday, March 24, 2013

Reading List 3-24-13

A weekly reading list, hooray!  I think I'm on a roll...

From Adam Pertman at Adoption Nation, My Family Is Not a 'Second-Best Option'

Here's something I think every adoptive parent should read, sooner rather than later:  Hey mom, they don't see your little girl, they see an Asian woman... from Lost Daughters.

A great post at Sprout's Bookshelf, Of Missed Opportunities in children's picture books.

An excellent question from The Ways of a River - Is the Harlem Shake Racist? And then she sort of answers her own question - Maybe it is, Maybe it isn't .   And here's another response from Melissa Harris-Perry - 'Harlem Shake' craze needs historical, cultural context.
 
From Ta-Nehisi Coates at the Atlantic, Good People, Racist People.

Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Lauren (Don't Lick the Trash Can) said...

Love that you are blogging again!!!

three little birds said...

hooray! and thanks!

Ingrid said...

I second the hooray!